Know Your Rights
Under Pennsylvania law, you may be entitled to monetary damages if you have been injured in a car crash through the negligence or recklessness of another person. Damages may include reimbursement or compensation for:
- Past medical costs
- Future medical costs
- Pain, suffering, and inconvenience
- Lost wages
- Loss of economic opportunity
- Funeral expenses
Many insurance companies will contact you as early as the day after a crash to obtain a recorded statement about your injuries and your accident, but giving a statement might not in your best interest and you are under no legal obligation to provide such a statement. Before speaking with any insurance company representatives, protect yourself by contacting an attorney to discuss your situation. If you have a case, an attorney can help you:
- Recover damages you are entitled to from the negligent driver’s insurance company.
- Pursue uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage and medical payments coverage from your own insurance company.
- Obtain a fair settlement offer for damages through negotiation.
- Collect evidence may need to be presented to protect your claim to appropriate financial compensation for your injuries.